The Land Of Which People Dream

Recently I heard a song called "America" by Brittini Black, and I was deeply touched by the song, but the chorus had the biggest impact on me.

"America, I hear you calling me

Sweet land of liberty, I'm on my way
America, beckoning with open arms
I long to feel the warmth of freedom's flame
God has given hope a name, America"


In today's society all we hear on the news is persecution of Christian businesses with this gay pride movement. It's all about discrimination, "if you don't support gay marriage your business needs to be shut down". There is never anything wholesome or good on the news, it's all about scandals and racism. When we hear all this stuff we think we have it so bad, but there are people in other countries who long for "this".

They long to have freedom of speech, of religion, the right to bear arms. I think so many times throughout the year we take our country for granted. It's true we have holidays set in place to remember our country and our soldiers, but we need to remember it year round! Because of the courage the pilgrims, our forefathers and our soldiers displayed,  I am free to voice my opinions, go to church where I want, and own a gun if I choose. I have freedom to do what I want to do, as long as I abide by the laws (but not all freedoms are wise choices)!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, this Memorial Day weekend, as we remember the wars we fought and our fallen soldiers, take extra time out of your weekend to remember all the freedoms they've fought for. Also remember the people in foreign countries that long to have the freedom that you have.


DON'T TAKE YOUR FREEDOM FOR GRANTED!!!

-Austin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Are The REAL Preachers?

When Underestimation Becomes Motivation